WHY DID THE LAST PROPHET DIE AT 63?

Home Forums Islam WHY DID THE LAST PROPHET DIE AT 63?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hafeez 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Alex
    Participant

If truly Prophey Muhammad is the last prophet sent by God, why then was his life so short. He died at age 63. Why not like Adam who lived for almost a 1000 years. He could have saved more souls if that’s the mission from God. Mankind would have been guided rather than following books.

Mufti
    Participant

Well, your argument is not debatable. In fact it’s invalid especially the latter part. He would have saved more souls, no doubt about that. It was obvious he had accomplished his mission, after liberating Makkah and all that. That was even emphasized when he delivered his final sermon. The tone and mood was akin to that of a hero who had executed what he had been tasked with. Moreover there was one narration which said he could have prolonged his stay on earth just like Prophet Musa. Where he scrapped off a sheep’s fur wool which equated to the number is years he wanted to remain alive. In Prophet Muhammad’s case, he rejected that offer. I’m not really sure about the authenticity of that narration though. But you should know the Last Prophet was never obsessesed with how long he would live. He was just focused with his mission.

Alex
    Participant

If the mission is complete, why then do you have divisions in your religion?? The Shia, Sunni , etc?

Sani ahlulbayt
    Participant

The holy prophet saww had completed his message at that age and also more importantly he had chosen a successor(Ali ibn abu taleb) who like the prophet is Infallible and so can equally guide the Muslims

Alex
    Participant

But why then was he asked if he he would live to live or die? The angle of death said: Your Lord asked me to come and take your soul but first if only you agree to that.

So you see the prophet has an option to choose and he said let my Lord’s will be done and his soul was taken.

Even though you claimed the prophet had completed his mission, why then was he given an option at on that day??

What if he has said my Lord I want to live till the end of time so I can guide my people.

Since he is the last prophet and if he had to live till date, I believe the world would have been a better place.

Hafeez
    Participant

But why then was he asked if he he would live to live or die? The angle of death said: Your Lord asked me to come and take your soul but first if only you agree to that.

So you see the prophet has an option to choose and he said let my Lord’s will be done and his soul was taken.

Even though you claimed the prophet had completed his mission, why then was he given an option at on that day??

What if he has said my Lord I want to live till the end of time so I can guide my people.

Since he is the last prophet and if he had to live till date, I believe the world would have been a better place.

Indeed our prophet s.a.w. has completed his mission. this was confirmed in the holy Quran surah 5:3 “الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الإِسْلاَمَ دِينًا
    today I have perfected your religion, completed My favors to you, and have chosen Islam as your religion.”

as to why he chose to die instead of live till the end of time. Ans: Allah has reserve for him a very great reward in the hereafter, so he had to go for it since his mission is complete. this is confirmed in the holy quran surah 93:4 “وَلَلْآخِرَةُ خَيْرٌ لَّكَ مِنَ الْأُولَىٰ And surely the Hereafter (is) better for you than the world.”

your other question as to why there is a division between the muslims? Ans: the prophet s.a.w. has already left Quran and sunnah to us, therefore its up to the muslims to follow the truth or reject it. this is also confirmed in the holy quran surah ” إنا هديناه السبيل إما شاكرا وإما كفورا verily, we showed him(mankind) the way,whether he be grateful or ungrateful.”

Al-Aziz
    Participant

I quote you(as to why he chose to die instead of live till the end of time. Ans: Allah has reserve for him a very great reward in the hereafter, so he had to go for it since his mission is complete)

Remember that the prophet’s reward in the hereafter would still have been waiting for him if he had chosen to live longer.

So from my point of view, I think if the prophet had lived till date, there wouldn’t have been these divisions.

Hafeez
    Participant

@al-aziz, i think your are right. but the only answer i can give is that, its part of the test to mankind by Allah. may Allah protect us from deviation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.