Jesus really claimed to be God, in the bible!

Home Forums Christianity Jesus really claimed to be God, in the bible!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Al-Aziz 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Godfred
    Participant

There is no doubt that Jesus has claimed, in the bible, to be the Almighty God.
    John 10:33. it reads:”The Jews answered him (Jesus), “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy! and because You, being a man, make yourself out to be God.” ”

Obviously,according to the verse above, Jesus Christ claimed to be God, that was what attracted the Jews to stone him.

Another proof, we read in
    John 10:38. “But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”

How do you understand the meaning of this sentence “the father is in me, and i am in the father”?? Fortunately the meaning is found in
    John 10:30, which says “I and the father are one”. Of course when two things mix together, they become ONE!

Let’s move to further proves. when Philip asked Jesus to show them the father, this was the answer from Jesus:
    John 14:9 “Jesus said to him, “have i been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? whoever has seen me has seen the father. how can you say, ‘show us the father’? ”

According to the verse above, Jesus has the same rank with the father.

No doubt, the proves are many. Let me conclude with the following verse:
    John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

Now, logically, we all know that, bull begets bull, donkey begets donkey, man begets man and so on. Therefore it is incontrovertible that God begets God.

I think this is enough. A word to a wise is enough!

My next topic, i will prove the divinity of Jesus Christ in Quran itself. Actually my aim is not to attack Islam, i am merely proving the truth about Jesus Christ in Quran to help my moslem friend do more research and come to the right path. thank you

Al-Aziz
    Participant

You quoted john10:30 (I and the father are one). So if they are one, then why didn’t Jesus save himself when he was been arrested and on the cross? But rather he prayed to the father that he doesn’t want to die.(But you claimed he died for your sin). This means the father is superior over Jesus. So how can they be one??

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  Al-Aziz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.